Two giants in the schools’ athletics arena, St. Peter’s College and Walala A. Rathnayake MMV bagged the overall championship titles at this years’ All Island Relay Carnival, held over the past three days at the Sugathadasa Grounds.
34 new meet records and BPRs were set; 17 came from the Boys and 17 from the Girls. St. Peter’s College was able to renew records in the Boys U18 4 x 100m, 4 x 200m, 4 x 400m and the Medley relay. They also emerged runners-up in the Boys U20 4 x 800m relay.
Walala A. Rathnayake Central MMV grabbed records in the Girls U16 4 x 100m, 4 x 200m, 4 x 400m as well as the Medley. In the Girls U18 portion, they renewed the records in the 4 x 400m and the 4 x 800m relays.
In the senior Under 20 category, Walala A. Rathnayake managed to clinch the record in the 4x400m relay.
- St. Peter’s College – 82 points
- Walala Central – 55 points
- St. Benedict’s College – 43
- Walala A. Rathnayake – 125 points
- Holy Cross College – 79 points
- Dharmapala Vidyalaya – 43 points
Overall Mixed Schools:
- Walala A. Rathnayake Vidyalaya – 180 points
- Dharmapala Vidyalaya – 55 points
- Sir John Kothalawala College – 53 points